WHAT TO DO:
1.Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics (Modules) in Interact as they provide a “scaffold” for your learning in this subject.
2.You are required to develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
3.Begin using the ‘project blog‘ as a tool beyond the weekly progrees reports for your chosen emerging technology topic:
4.The blog is a way to not only “think by writing” and make your notes but also store project files and links in a cloud-based service.
5.Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each others knowledge.
- The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
- Group Work OPTION for Assessment Items (Not recommended for Online Study mode students): The Group Capstone Project Proposal and Plan is submitted by the team of three (3 maximum group size) for a group mark on a project proposal and plan that clearly indicates the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Role and Responsibilities of EACH member to carry an equal share of the load in the project work.
This assessment task aligns with the FIRST, SECOND and FIFTH learning outcomes.
The Capstone Topic Project Plan allows for a broad range of project areas like systems administration, database systems, IT security, mobile technology etc. Often the project has a sponsor and is linked to your interest or workplace needs. The proposal has a research component (Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography) so in some cases you may need to find a supervisor willing to accept you as a candidate.
The Learning Outcomes being assessed in this item include how you interpret and evaluate an overview of recent trends in emerging technologies and innovation and begin to to plan, execute, record and present your research and project work as a capstone experience.
Your Capstone Project Proposal and Plan will be evaluated with a series of questions that you can use as a Checklist:
- Is the capstone topic area appropriate?
- Has the Project Blog been setup?
- Has there been sufficient justification of the choice of the topic?
- Is there enough scope for a sufficiently deep/complex analysis?
- Is the scope appropriate for what might be reasonably expected in the capstone project subject?
- Is the methodology proposed clear?
- Are the deliverables clearly set out?
- Are the deliverables sufficiently complex to justify a pass in this activity?
- Is it likely that the proposed activities can be reasonably carried out?
- Is it likely that the student will have access to the necessary resources to do a satisfactory job?
- Is the time line proposed realistic?
More specifically, in terms of learning outcomes, this assessment item tests students’ ability to:
- be able to interpret and evaluate an overview of recent trends in emerging technologies and innovation;
- be able to apply project management and information and communication technologies (ICT) tools to plan, execute, record and present their research and project work as a capstone experience;
Capstone Project Proposal and Plan Assessment Criteria 10% (100 marks)
Capstone Project Plan Sample Format
(This is a guide, subject to change or modified by YOU to include systems development or the special nature of your chosen project.)
- Title: Emerging Technology and Innovation Topic
- Project Blog ( Web address provided)
- Weekly Progress Reports Plan (In class, Discussion Board or Project Blog entries)
- Problem domain
- Purpose and justification
- Sponsor or Supervisor recommendation
- Research Questions (if applicable)
- Conceptual or Theoretical Framework
- Research and Systems Development method(s)
- Data collection or systems design methods
- Ethical Issues
- Compliance Requirements (Workplace, Industry or Government regulations)
- Analysis of data
- Project Plan
- Deliverables (Conclusions, Recommendations, Software code etc.)
- Work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Risk Analysis
- Gantt chart
- Appendix (if required)
CLICK HERE TO ORDER 100% PLAGIARISM FREE HIGH-QUALITY PAPERS FROM ASSIGNMENTHELP4ME.COM